Diwali is one of the most awaited festivals in India. While people look forward to the exchange of gifts and sweets, new clothes, following the traditional rituals, and so on, there are concerns for many related to the bursting of firecrackers and the corresponding air pollution it results into. There is already considerable air pollution in India, and during Diwali, the air gets further contaminated with excessive smoke. This creates problems for people suffering from lung disorders like Asthma and bronchiolitis, especially amongst kids.
A child suffering from Asthma, he/she needs to get used to taking regular Asthma medication. The related medicines need to be administered to the lungs, for which it is recommended to make use of inhalers/nebulizers. This will help kids to breathe easily and faceless troubles with excessive smoke during festivals like Diwali.
How does a Nebulizer Help?
A nebulizer is a piece of medical equipment that can be used for administering medicines straight to the lungs and respiratory system for lung disorder patients (especially kids suffering from Asthma). This medical device helps to convert the liquid medicines into a fine mist that can be inhaled by the patient through a mouthpiece or face mask.
How to Use Nebulizers?
Doctors or nurses generally explain the method to use nebulizers for relevant patients and their family members. There may be some differences between how two nebulizer machines operate – hence, it is critical to ensure that patients seek guidance as well as read the instruction manual thoroughly before starting to use any nebulizer machine.
Few basic steps involved in the use of a nebulizer are as under:
- Clean the device and medicine cup/container properly
- Wash hands
- Check the correct measurement of the medicine to be consumed
- Put the medicine in the cup/container
- Connect the tube to the machine
- Assemble the mask and mouthpiece
- Power ON and check if the device is administering the medication in the form of a mist
- place the mask appropriately over your nose and mouth to leave no gaps
- Start taking slow and deep breaths through the mouthpiece until the medicine is consumed entirely, by keeping the medicine cup/container upright during this step (which may take a few minutes)
We have seen the effective usage of nebulizers to ensure kids and adults suffering from Asthma (or similar lung disorders) can reduce the impact of smoke polluted air during a festival like Diwali. BPL Medical Technologies offers a variety of nebulizer machines which can help Asthma patients enjoy Diwali like every other person. You can purchase our nebulizer available on Amazon here.